ATLANTA GEORGIA TEMPLE

ATLANTA GEORGIA TEMPLE

Monday, August 22, 2011

Semana 36 - Cockroaches, Japan, Never Ever Ever Bible Bash

Hi Mom!

Well, another week down. It's hard to believe that it's been a week already, and at the same time looking back at everything that's happened, it's hard to believe it all fit into one week! Ah, mission! I love it!

I'm doing ok! I'm actually slightly more sick than last week but i'm doing good!

We're finally here and it's been crazy! First of all we spent ALL DAY wednesday just moving. It takes a lot of time and energy to move out here on the mission--we move EVERYTHING out, clean the apartment spotless, move things to our new apartment and set them up. I'm just glad it's done now haha! Besides the hundreds of cockroaches we room with, it's just Elder Shumway and I.


(In the new kitchen -- holy cow, look at the dishes in the sink!)

The last week our car has been in the shop and we are out of our monthly allotted miles, so we have been walking EVERYWHERE! I know it's not a super huge deal, cuz missionaries in other countries walk everywhere but it's terrible! We have just been walking and talking to everyone and knocking like crazy! We get home super tired and super dehydrated haha but it's for the experience, yeah?

I think I remember Emily Huckaby...she drove past while we were walking in the Georgian sun and gave us some apples? Well, we were super grateful for that cuz I was dying of thirst! Mmmm, apple juice. Anyhow, it's been a little difficult cuz we meet a lot of rejection or what not but it's all good and fun! We do meet some interesting people and frustrating people. We kinda got into a bash with a lady yesterday, but we won! Missionary motto: "We never ever ever bible bash, but if we do, we win."

That's so cool that Kastle is AP and better yet, met Evan when he arrived! That picture is going right on my fridge hahaha:) (I'm joking, the cockroaches would steal it...)


(Elder H's cousin Soliai Choro and Elder H's buddy/brother Parry Choro met on Kastle's 1st day as AP and Evan's 1st day in Japan!)

Houst team captain? What a stud! Stop telling me these things, you're making me jealous! I knew that boy had it in him!


(Houst is #35, if you couldn't guess)

Harri is gonna love first grade! He's growing up so fast, it's crazy! Hev is bein a teen, it's what happens. Everything has their time, when she is in high school, that's what she should be in, when she's in college that's what she should be in. When she grows up then she'll be ready to do all those things as well--and she'll be good at it hahah I have faith!

Just something cool I found this morning: I read in Ether 12:19, "And there were many of those whose faith was so exceedingly strong, even before Christ came, who could not be kept from within the veil but truly saw with their eyes the things which they had beheld with and eye of faith and they were glad." To me this means that we don't need a perfect knowledge to have faith but through faith we recieve perfect knowlege. As we go through life, we need the faith to move forward and as we have that we can obtain what we work towards, or know for a surety other things. I thought it was cool.

I may need more contact solution and dental floss? but that's all!

Well, pray that we can find SOMEONE in this new area that will be baptized and I'll keep having faith. Love you all!

Love, Elder Heimuli

No comments:

Post a Comment