ATLANTA GEORGIA TEMPLE

ATLANTA GEORGIA TEMPLE

Monday, June 4, 2012

Semana 77 - Officially-the-Oldest-Spanish-Elder-in-the-Mission Gets Another Son

Hey mom!

I don't think I can say it enough, but time just keeps on moving. True, there are days where things don't go as planned and the time seems to drag cuz I've been in the sun too long, but most days I can't believe how much I've done. I'm officially the oldest spanish elder in the mission (time wise) and it's weird. Everyone thinks I have all this wisdom and stuff...but I still feel just the same as I did a year ago.

I'm still in Cedartown and training a new greenie. His name is Elder Newman from Tremonton, UT. He's pretty funny but really quiet.
I just don't have enough energy to be the one talking all the time and trying to keep conversation alive, so the apartment is a lot quieter now haha. I'm also trying to help him with his spanish so the members here made me promise that I'd talk to him ONLY in spanish. that may sound kinda mean but he needs to learn!!! Oh, and Elder Nay got transferred to Chamblee!! Lucky dog! Not gonna lie, I'm kinda jealous cuz he's gonna get hooked up down there! I miss my chamblee-family!

The work up here is still as difficult as ever! We are working even harder to try and lift the spanish work and I think we're starting to make some headway. We're still working with the less active families that were offended in church or are just too lazy to come. It all begins with their testimonies. We're starting to do FHE's over here to try and strengthen them and also see if they will invite some of their friends to join us. Already wer'e seeing change in how they talk of the gospel and it's awsome!

Church was good. I fasted for aunty and prayed for her all day. There weren't any investigators to church but we did have the Cordero family there (less actives) so that was awsome!! They remind me so much of our family!

After church we were visiting with a less active family and I stepped outside to talk on the phone. While I was talking this girl walked by and asked if I was from "the church" I said yeah and then we started talking about some girl I didn't know. She then asked, "well aren't you gonna invite me to your church?" Of course I said yes! She just got out of jail wednesday and didn't like it much. She is trying to turn her life around and who better to help than the missionaries? So we'll be seeing her this week and getting her to church.

So many crazy things happen in life that make us lose hope or feel sad but whenever I feel that way I read Helaman 5:12 to remind me that as long as I'm doing what I need to to establish my foundation on Christ (hint: read scripts, pray, go to church) I can never be dragged down to "the gulf of misery and endless woe." We shared that with some LAs yesterday.

"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."
Helaman 5:12

I'm glad coach johnson is back!! Tell that guys whats up! And tell everyone in california hi as well!
I am seeing a dentist and stuff wednesday so I'll let ya'll know how it goes. (I have been using "ya'll" a lot more since I got to C-town...I need to get outta here!!!)

Love you Mom! Love the fam too!

--Elder Heimuli

No comments:

Post a Comment