ATLANTA GEORGIA TEMPLE

ATLANTA GEORGIA TEMPLE

Monday, August 13, 2012

Week 87 - Elder Mexican

Good morning mother!

How did you hear about the ET already?! That was one of the biggest things I was gonna write about today...well, since that's done, I guess that's it for this week! Love ya:) Bye!

--E. Heimuli



















Hahahaha jk jk! Funny joke, yeah?

So yeah, Romero is gonners and that was sad! We lost our baby boy  :(

Being in a trio was really weird at first, but now this happens and just being in a normal companionship is weird! Things seem a lot quieter hahaha and I feel like we should have someone tagging along but I look back and it's just us two. When we get team ups it feels a little bit better. It's not too sad though cuz Romero is just in the other companionship in the ward so we do get to see him occasionally.

L was baptized Sunday morning at 9 am! We had one heck of a time juggling her date back and forth this week between saturday and sunday, but it turned out that sunday morning would be best so she could have the most support and as well get confirmed the same day like she wanted. Because it was before church and there were a few delays the service was VERY short but VERY sweet. There was so much support for her from the ward and from other missionaries who traveled to get there. The program was opening prayer, baptism, words from bishop, closing prayer. It was awsome. L was confirmed in sacrament meeting and that just set the tone for the rest of the day. Church on Sunday was really good.


Saturday was the baptism of K, a little 8 year old boy. His Mom is a convert and even though he's 8 she wanted the missionaries to teach K all the lessons before he was baptized because that's how she was baptized. Anyways, he asked his teacher to baptized him and asked me to confirm him. I felt pretty privileged. Actually, this is how I was asked:  K's mom, called us up and said, "When I asked K who he wants to confirm him he told me, 'The mexican elder. Elder Mexican!'" Elder Hansen thought it was pretty funny. I wasn't laughing.


So I did my first confirmation ever and it was cool! Nothing too hard.

H is progressing and we're still not sure if he'll be ready by the 18th. We'll definately try to get him ready so we'll see. He's been looking for work tirelessly since moving here so we don't get in to see him all that often. Bro. Lisonbee, our super legit ward mission leader, came out with us last night and we taught H. Our next appointment isn't until Thursday so we're trying to figure out a way to help him gain a testimony of the BoM by then.

With all of the new changes happening in the mission there are a lot of things going on between the wards and the missionaries. In some cases, there is quite a bit of friction and we're trying to work things out like that. There have been a few emergency transfers in the zone as well and we're just trying to figure out what the problems were and how to prevent them. We have so many awsome missionaries in our zone so that shouldn't be hard.

This past Tuesday I went on exchanges to Dunwoody w/ my grandbaby Elder Barrett. It was SO GOOD to get back into spanish! The day kinda fell through so we visited a lot of people that I knew from when I was in Chamblee and we got fed at every house we went to hahaha. Good to be back.

One thing I noticed is that they all said that I am different, spiritually. That's good. I have grown a lot since I've been away from Chamblee. The challenges and things I've gone through have made me better. It was lots of hard work to get to this point, and I really didn't even notice all the changes I've made until Zoraida said that. It's good to know that I'm moving forward in SOME aspect :)

So, other than that, I don't get to speak spanish. But that's all gonna change next week! One of the families is moving into english this coming Sunday. One of my favorite families EVER--the Saldanas!!!! They told me Tuesday when we ate dinner there. I was so excited. I'm gonna speak spanish the whole time with them. That made me super happy!

I did get the package! Thanks a lot! I'm sharing the goods so no worries, everyone here is getting some Hawaiian love! Once again, the letters were the best part! I love hearing from everyone--sorry I don't reply back to everyone personally.

All in all, it was a good week.

I love everyone in my family! You guys are all the greatest and I am so grateful for the sacrifices that you make on my behalf that I can't see--I know that there are a lot of them. Sacrifice brings blessings!

Love ya'll!

--E. Heimuli

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Elder Heimuli is 3/4 done with his mission. He is an awesome missionary. Thanks for posting his letters!

    ReplyDelete