ATLANTA GEORGIA TEMPLE

ATLANTA GEORGIA TEMPLE

Monday, October 22, 2012

Week 97 - Hope to See a Mormon in the White House




(Note from Mom: For two years, Elder Heimuli has submitted a small paragraph to wonderful missionary mom Gayla Allen. Gayla's son, Kevin, is serving in the Mexico Merida mission.  Gayla has diligently put together this incredible monthly newsletter which highlights now over 40 missionaries from the same Bountiful High School graduating class of 2010! As Elder Heimuli's mission winds down, this newsletter is certainly something he -- and Mom -- will miss! Here is Elder Heimuli's last and final paragraph to be included in the November newsletter.)

Hey everyone!

This is just a quick (and last) letter to all of my brothers (and sisters?) in the field. Nothing too formal or epic, I just wanted to let everyone know that I am grateful for the opportunity I've had to serve as a full time missionary for 2 years. I have learned and grown in stature as well as in spirit and testimony. I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ for the enabling power of the Atonement and the power of obedience and diligence. Please take all that you've learned, all that you've become, and move forward! There are so many great things to do while we're here, but not a lot of time to do them. Use that Spirit you've been able to master to keep making right choices. I love you all lots! Catch ya on the flip side! 
 
Gayla, thanks for the newsletters. I will miss getting them every month but look forward to seeing you all in person! 

--E. Heimuli 


(Now...on to this week's letter from Elder Heimuli)

Hey Mom!!!

Yes, it's crazy that Week 97 is goners. I keep having these small moments of "Holy cow, you're almost done," but then that wears off in a few seconds and I feel normal -- like I'll be doing this for the rest of my life. That wouldn't be so bad either.

I can't remember any details from this past week. I know that we worked very hard and we have seen some tender mercies for it. Tuesday I went out to Dunwoody and served w E. Baugh for the day...IDK where he's from. Anyways, it was Spanish and I was so stoked! We saw a family that they've been working w for a while. They had a baptismal date but then it fell through cuz they have some marital issues to work out... But they're fantastic and they kept trying to feed us! (There is so much I miss about Spanish, but I don't really miss having to stuff myself everyday.) But we withstood the temptation and taught them a quick lesson. Spanish was a little struggle that day for some reason, but it got better after I was there for a while.

As for our investigators, Ky is still shooting for this Sunday! The ward is so supportive and we're BUSY this week hahaha so we're trying to figure out how to get everything done that we need to before then. Bro. Saldana is helping a lot though, so that's great! D hasn't come to church yet. We saw her last week and she said she's been busy but she'll be coming when she's got a spare moment. J (Marriott girl) was busy when we showed up for out appt last week. We're going by there right after this, so wish us luck. Kn is still awsome, but we are trying to figure out how to get her to church. She is very capable of getting there, and she told us she would go, but she just did not tell us when. Bleh...at least she loves the BoM! So we're just trying to keep on going w our investigators that we have now. Things are a little slow w them, but it's ok.

I got the ballot and I signed it and sent it the day of. Things are getting intense here w the whole elections. Well, intense in a good way. People here LOVE Romney and always tell us that they hope to see a Mormon in the White House. That's been cool to see, but the persecution is gonna come soon -- you know it!

The most interesting thing I'm doing now, in conjunction w missionary work, is trying to read the BoM before I go home. I am so far behind but I'm reading like a beast! I read a while back in 1 Ne. 15:24 where talks of the Word of God and how we must hold fast to stay strong against the temptations of the devil. It connects so well with Jarom 1:10 which talks of how the prophets taught ("threaten" is actually the word they chose to use, haha) according to the word of God. God's way is so clear and exact, and if we continually hearken to those things, we cannot err.

So will the BHS stadium have to be renamed "Bishop Larry Wall Stadium?" hahaha, that would be great! That man is so amazing!! I still remember lessons that I learned from him during those high school football days. As a missionary, I've gained such a great respect for bishops and branch presidents. They do A LOT!!!!! Great men.

Well, everything is going well and we're all doing great. Just trying to do the Lord's work. Thanks for all the love, prayers and support -- and keep 'em coming!!! I love you Mom! Tell everyone what's up!

--Love, E. Heimuli

No comments:

Post a Comment