ATLANTA GEORGIA TEMPLE

ATLANTA GEORGIA TEMPLE

Monday, November 7, 2011

Semana 47 - Seven Minutes Away

Dear family,

Well, I did get transferred and I was really sad. I was holding on to a bit of hope that something crazy would happen and I'd stay, but we got the calls and Stockman is training. Monday and Tuesday were spent taking pictures, saying goodbye and packing.











So, when we finally got to transfers and I got the news that I was getting moved! The funny part is that the area is in the same branch and I was only moved about seven minutes away. I was really excited cuz I still get to work with all of the members! I'm with Elder Charlesworth, whom you know already.

Charlesworth got sick so we were inside for a few days, but we visited some investigators and one already has a date. The problem with her is that we can't find her at the moment...she is single with three kids under the age of 5 and jobless cuz her last job started checking for papers. She has no phone and was evicted from her apartment, so she was living with these gross people but last time we went over they told us she moved out. That was last Thursday. We have been praying hard that we can find her and that everything is ok.

Other than that, we have been cleaning up the area book and mapping. This area is a little disorganized but we are getting it together. Our main focus is working with the members in our area so we are trying our best to set up FHE and other member lessons. We are super excited about the transfer cuz we can see a lot of potential from the area.

That's about it really, just a lot of planning and organizing the area--my new home for 6 weeks.

I can't think of anything I really need right now...not gonna lie, it's getting kinda cold and a sweater would be nice!

Oh, and for Halloween we only got two trick or treaters (one is from a part member family in our complex, and the other was just a random kid. We named him chancho). I assumed that would happen anyways because we have that picture of Jesus on the front of the door and I was guessing that it would repel most if not all trick or treaters. But my hypothesis was confirmed. I was sitting in the living room and I heard these kids outside the door. One kid was talking, and he was leading the other kids in their trick or treating. I heard him say "Ok, you go knock that door. You, knock that one. and you, knock that one." There is a pause, then kid goes, "but we're not gonna knock that one. They're Christian so they don't believe in Halloween." I just started busting out laughing right there! I didn't really ever think people thought like that, but whatever. We had candy waiting for 'em.

That's about it. I love you all so very much and I appreciate all the prayers and support that you guys give me. The whole extended family, the people in the ward, and everyone who I don't even know about. Thank you and mom will be getting pictures from me so you can all see my beautiful face:)

Love, Elder Heimuli

No comments:

Post a Comment