ATLANTA GEORGIA TEMPLE

ATLANTA GEORGIA TEMPLE

Monday, February 27, 2012

Semana 63 - Keep My Commandments

Hey mom!

There was some pretty big news this week, yeah? First of all I'm SO glad to hear that Aunty Momi and Uncle Tini & family are doing great. I have been praying for them every night and I'm glad my, as well as everyone else's prayers, were answered.

Then, right before I read your email, I read an email from Pres. Satterfield that announced our new mission president and I was so surprised to see they were from Bountiful. I didn't really make the connection until I read your email to me, but yeah, I do remember Brit Harding. Cool beans.


New mission president (Deborah & John Harding from Bountiful!) coming to Georgia Atlanta Mission in July 2012.

They'll be here right towards the end of my mish hahaha. Too bad. I'm excited to meet them!

Well, now I guess it's my turn to give MY boring weekly update haha. This week was a pretty great one actually. Not because we found a golden investigator that wanted to be baptized immediately or something like that--it was actually the opposite. We had no real investigators at the beginning of the week. The other ones kinda dropped off the face of the earth. We worked every single day to try and find, contact, reactivate, whatever we could to stay diligent. People did let us in the teach them, but they had no real interest. However, despite our words falling on deaf ears, we just kept teaching, preaching and inviting. And you know what? I'm happy! I'm happy cuz I am doing what I'm called to do. When people hit hard times like this it's easy to get discouraged, throw your hands up and just say, "You know what? I'm done! Why do I need to follow the rules, be diligent or any of that if I get no results!" A lot of people become less diligent in keeping the rules, the commandments, but I read the scripture in John 14:15, 20 that talks about those who love Christ will keep his commandments.

"If ye love me, keep my commandments...At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you."

It's that simple. He loved us enough to give us his life, so how hard is it to follow some rules that will acutally make you happy? Yep, so that's what I read and it has stuck with me ever since, keeping me humble and keeping me diligent!

So, I guess the best thing that happened to me was that I have realized the love God has for all of us and the way that we can show it back!

I am doing great out here! I love you guys a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment