ATLANTA GEORGIA TEMPLE

ATLANTA GEORGIA TEMPLE

Monday, April 16, 2012

Semana 70 - I may have actually gotten uglier outside

Hey mom!

Yeah, it's really crazy that I only got 7 months left. I actually thought I had a bit more...but now that you mention that it's going by faster than I expected haha. Scary. It's already the end of this transfer and I don't know where the time has gone.

It sounds like the Heimuli men are falling apart, but don't worry, I'm in one piece now hahaha! All those stories about Dad and Houston were hilarious! I'm trying not to laugh out loud here in the library.

My health is good, and so is Elder Thomas. Especially cuz we've been on a very strict otai and spam diet haha. Aight, maybe that's not so healthy, but we're happy:) This guy is super funny and is trying to be the whitest tongan ever hahah. I think I got him beat though. When we're not working, we play rugby, drink otai, talk in tongan, whatever. Thomas didn't like spam at first, but now he's getting the hang of it.

This week was good and bad all at the same time. We were able to see a lot of our investigators, but we didn't have any "real" lessons. It's true, the "free agency" thing is a bummer sometimes haha but that's how it is. This week was really good, though! No lie!

As for the BEST thing this week: we went to the temple! Nayeli, a member here, went through the temple this friday for the first time in a LONG time and she asked us to go with her. She changed her life BIG time for this, so she was really excited but nervous.



Anyways, so we went to the spanish session and that was different. If that wasn't cool enough, there were some members from the Cunningham branch there! They were there because Myra was taking out her endowments! SO COOL!!!



I got to see Pres. Gonzalez and a few other members. Being there with Myra reminded me of my first time in the temple hahahahaha. It was really awsome to see those two: one for the first time, the other first time in a long time, but they both had this happiness about them. I loved it!



I did get the package from Pam, but I haven't sent a thank you yet, I'll get on that today! She's so cool! Don't worry, I'm sharing the wealth with the other polys in our district:)

So yeah, we're just waiting to see what happens with transfers. I think I'm out, so we'll see if I'm right. I will be sad to leave this area because this is where I've grown the most so far.


(Elder Heimuli and his District...he'll be sad to leave them if he is transferred this week)

I was talking last night with Brother Madsen and he mentioned that I'm lots different than I was when I first got here. He could see the progress I made and he said it was really cool. I do feel like a different person and I'm glad. I've really grown in good ways. I agree with E. Lemon when he said "I'm still the same, just a better version!" I may have actually gotten uglier outside, but it's the inside that counts really hahehoheha!!!!

I love you mom and I'm praying for my very crippled family every night! Keep up the fight, keep up the driving manual!

--Love E. Heimuli

ps. I'll send pics a little later!
pps. Thakn you so much for the support you give me! Every week I get a letter and feel so loved! I don't think I ever realized how lucky I am for that! You're the best! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment